The "Bob Smith" Chairman's Award:
Bob Smith started refereeing in the Newport & District League in 1945, after Playing Welsh League Football for Tredomen Works. His career continued.
1947 Welsh League Linesman.
1948 Welsh League Referee.
1949 Football Combination Supplementary List.
1950 Football League Linesman.
1952 Football League Supplementary List.
1952 – 1964: Bob was a Football League Referee, when he reached the age limit.
1958/59: President of the Association of Football League Referees and Linesman. He was the first Welshman to hold this high office.
1968: Football League Assessor. From when the scheme started in 1968. (Assessor for 20 years)
1969: Received the Meritorious Service Award from the National Referees Association.
1972: Received the Notorious Service Award from the Association of Football League Referees and Linesman.
1984: National Referees Association Conference honoured Bob with the Highest honour the Referees Association can give a member the Life Membership.
- Monmouthshire RA Home
- Referee Association of Wales
- Test Your Knowledge (Updated 30th June 2020)
- Monmouthshire RA History
- Why Join A Referee Association?
- MONRA Rules and Orders
Law 1 Field of Play
- Field Surface
- Field Markings
- International Matches
- The Goal Area
- The Penalty Area
- Flag Posts
- The Corner Arc
- The Field of Play
- The Corner Flag Posts
- The Metric Measurements
- The Imperial Measurements
- Decisions of the International FA Board
- Interpretations of the Laws of the Game Law 1
- Law 2 The Ball >
- Law 3 The Number of Players >
- Law 4 Players Equipment >
- Law 5 The Referee >
- Law 6 The Assistant Referee >
- Law 7 The Duration of The Match >
- Law 8 The Start and Re Start of Play >
- Law 9 The Ball In And Out Of Play >
- Law 10 The Method Of Scoring >
- Law 11 Offside >
- Law 12 Fouls And Misconduct >
- Law 13 Free kicks >
- Law 14 The Penalty Kick >
- Law 15 The Throw In >
- Law 16 The Goal Kick >
- Law 17 Corner Kick >
- Procedures to Determine the Winner of the Match Home or Away
- The Technical Area
- The Forth Official and Reserve Assistant Referee
- The Additional Assistant Referee
- Fitness / Warm Up Techniques >
- The Referee >
- Assistant Referee >
- Pitch Inspections
- Dealing With Injuries
- Disciplinary / Report Writing >
- Law 1 Field of Play >
- Responding to Personal Assault
- Mon RA Council
- Our Members
- Miscellaneous Information
- "Bob Smith" Chairman Award
- Mon RA Gallery
- How to Find Our Venue
- Our Sponsors
- Contact Us
- External Sites